May 6, 2010

My Golden Week


It passed by so quickly. I think, GW in this year was the GW that I spent the thickest time :)

As I told in my last post, my 1st day of GW (May 2nd) started by working. I came back home next morning, and went shopping with my sister. After that, we met up my friends and went to a Turkey restaurant. The master is foreigner (I'm not sure from which country he is from) and he is a very funny guy. I don't say the foods are that yummy nor the service is perfect (actually, the service is kind a halfway and the master treats us in kind a funny way), but the price is reasonable and we can see a belly dancer dancing without being charged :) The ornaments in the restaurant are nice and especially the atmosphere that the master makes is nice. I found it easy to talk to people that I don't know at the restaurant because the master speaks to the customers with making fun of them and it makes everyone laugh.

At 8pm, a dancer in a blue dress appeared and started dancing. After a while, the master started naming customers with funny nicknames (for example, a foreigner was called American; I'm not sure if he is really American. Another person who wore stripe shirt was called vertical stripe), and he made us dance with her in turn. I didn't get a strange nickname, but was made dance as well (-_-;) I can't dance at all, I haven't belly danced in my life. I tried to mimic her but of course it looked weird and ugly at all (my sister took a video with my camera), lol. But it was fun, I enjoyed.

Next day, on 4th, I went to a mountain to see the view from the observation platform of the mountain. The name of the view is commonly known by "地獄のぞき(The look of hell)" because the platform locates on the precipice that is sticking out above the forests. Firstly, we were planning to go up by a cable car and coming back on foot. However, when we got to the cable car station, we found that we had to wait for an hour because there were a lot people. So, we changed our plan and went up on foot. The mountain didn't seem so tough, but being contrary of the idea, we got so tired because the course we chose had lots of steps in the beginning!!! Anyway, we went up to the top of the mountain, saw the view or hell (lol) and saw some Jizo and a huge Daibutsu which is much bigger than that of in Kamakura, and came back.

Last day, on 5th, my sister and I went to shopping in our area. I didn't really plan buying any clothes because I bought some the other day, but I changed my mind when we found some T-shirts of USAVICH. Once we found such a thing, THERE IS NO REASON THAT WE HAVE TO REFRAIN FROM BUYING THEM (being poor will be a reason tho, lol). We crazily took a look of those T-shirts and chose which to buy. We even bought one for our brother as a souvenir :P So we were satisfied...and my wallet went empty...

Thus, I spent a thick time during my GW. How was yours??? I hope you enjoyed your GW as well :D

3 comments:

マケイブ said...

また帰ったの?はやいね。

Megumi said...

帰った??

マケイブ said...

戻ったのほうがいいね