May 31, 2010

Arriving At Hue City With A New Friend


When I got to the airport, I didn't know where the domestic departure lobby was. As soon as I went into the building, I found a lady that seemed to be a staff of the airport, so I asked her where it was. She pointed the escalator, and told me to go upstairs. However, at the floor, I didn't see any sign which said "domestic line". I asked another lady were it was, and the result was...it was in the other building...she said, "this building is for international line". I wondered if this happened because of my English or her English. I thought that I clearly said, "I want to go to Hue by domestic line".

Anyway, the terminal for domestic lines was in the other building and there was some distance between these two buildings. When I got there and checked in my backpack, I found myself hungry. Actually, it was time for lunch. I wanted to eat something. However, it looked like there was no cheap places to eat but couldn't find anything (I know in such places like an airport, restaurants are not so cheap). I found only one restaurant in the building...there was no choice. I entered there, and soon a waiter came and let me take a seat. I ordered some food and a winter melon tea (the tea was not good at all, lol). While waiting for the food, I found a guy sitting alone over there as well, but I was too shy to speak to him. But later, I got a chance to talk, and even went out for a dinner with him :)

The flight for Hue took only for an hour and a little bit more. When I arrived at the airport, I picked up my backpack and went toward the exit. I was wondering how to get to the city. I was thinking about taking a taxi if I didn't find anything. However, such an idea went away as soon as a lady standing behind the counter near by exit told me that there was a bus to the city. There was no reason that I wouldn't take a bus if it existed. It sounded cheaper and safer than a taxi :P

On the bus, actually on the next seat on the other side of the aisle, I found the guy that I saw at the restaurant. I was still shy to speak to him, but after a while since bus started, he spoke to me. We had some random chat (later, I got to know that his name is Fredy and he is from Germany), and soon, the bus got to the city. When we got off from the bus, he asked me if I had specific place to stay. I had a few places on my mind, but hadn't really decided where to stay yet because searching for a hotel there itself was my plan. He told me he knew a cheap hotel on his guide book and asked me if I was interested. Of course I was interested, lol. There was no hesitation. I decided to follow him and take a look of the hotel that he mentioned :)


Web album: A Trip to Vietnam

No comments: