May 25, 2010

Jumping Into The 36℃ Humid Air Carrying My Backpack!


I knew what I had to do when I got to Tan Son Nhut International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. It was quite simple; searching for a girl/guy who was holding my name.

When I arrived at there, it was around 22:45 or something. I was supposed to get there at 23:00, but because of the good air current, the plane arrived at there a little bit early. Breathing deeply, I had an absolutely different, actually the opposite feeling from what I had when I got to Siem Reap International Airport in January. My heart was full of excitement this time :)

Since I was alone, I chose the safe way. It was my first time being there, and the time was late at night. I had heard that there are a lot of taxi drivers who want to trick tourists and was also not suer if I could find a hotel however I get to the hotel area safely, I wasn't sure if I could find one in the midnight. Yes, it was better to choose a sertain way till I check by myself. So, I chose booking a hotel for my first night, and attacked a pick up service.

It didn't take so long to find the person who was waiting for me. I went out from the door carrying my backpack, and looked around. As soon as I saw a guy holding my name, I waved a hand to him and went close. I was supposed to go to the hotel by motorcycle, but there was a girl beside him, so we moved to the hotel by car.

Since the girl looked Japanese, I asked her if she is Japanese when we took seats. She said yes and we started having a conversation. I was not sure about her age, but she looked a little bit older than me. She told me she got married last year and went to honeymoon with her husband to Finland. However, as same as me, it was her solo trip this time. Actually, first time in HCMC. She told me it had been 10 years since she went traveling abroad alone so she was a little bit strained. She also told me she didn't book hotels in old days but this time she did this time because her husband was worried. She was leaving for Cambodia next morning and will come back to HCMC later. Since she told me she would visit Siem Reap, I asked where she would stay with an expectation...Yey, I was right; she was going to stay at the same GH I stayed in Cambodia!!! At that time, my feelings missing Cambodia was kind of exploded. I talked how much I enjoyed staying there, and asked her to say hello to people I spent time with if she meet them.

After a while, we got to the hotel and said good night. Yes!! This was the start of my short stay in Vietnam :D


Web album: A Trip to Vietnam

No comments: