May 25, 2010

Cu Chi Tunnel Tour


Next morning, I got up at 6:15. I changed clothes, washed my face and put some make up. It was the start of an adventure!! I was going to check out the hotel before going to a half day tour to Cu Chi Tunnel but I needed to change some money to VND to eat breakfast beforehand. I've heard from Yuta that the exchange shop which locates the opposite side of the street from The Shinh Tourist has a good rate, but unfortunately it opens from 9. So I walked around a bit and found a bank which opens at 7:30. After I got some money, I had a breakfast at Sasa Cafe which Yuta recommended me as well :)

Wish list 1: Going abroad with backpack - Yeah, I came here with my backpack. :P
Wish list 2: Joining a group tour in English - Don't laugh. I wanted to do that because it was a small adventure for me not being perfect at English.

I'd booked the half day tour before leaving Japan because I wanted to be sure I could join it on the day I planned. It will be a waste if I can't spend time as I want since the time was very limited. There were about 20 people on the bus and there was no Japanese other than me. Naturally, I didn't understand some words the tour guide said, and most words when we were watching the video which explained about the place and stuff. However, it was alright for me as long as I could understand when the tour guide said "what time" and "where to go" when we are leaving for the next place.

At Cu Chi Tunnel, I saw some interesting exhibitions; a lot of traps that tortured American soldiers during the war and the under ground houses they used to live at that time. Everyone who lived in the village were soldier and they trapped American soldiers with traps. When the tour guide asked if someone wanted to go inside the hole they used to hide when they fought, but it's only available for slim people, I told him that I wanted to try. I don't think I'm skinny, but compared to American soldiers...I must be, lol. Since the hole was really narrow, I had to raise both arms. When I squatted down in the hole, the tour guide put the lid. How dare. Actually it was fun. However, inside of the hole was quite humid and hot. Trying to go inside once was ok, but I really didn't want to stay there for a long while seriously :S

After Cu Chi Tunnel, we dropped into a factory where handicapped people produce some products with shell. And then, we went back to the tour office again :)


Web album: A Trip to Vietnam

No comments: