March 20, 2009

Make the Best Of Each Moment


We don't notice we have a lot of time when we are a kid. We feel we have a lot of things to do each time, but by years, our free time gets smaller and smaller, and finally once we start working, there is only little time. Being a student is good. Parents pay for school and to live, and we are given time to study. We can do part time job during the free time, and make some small money to spend.

In here, there tend to be two types of university students. One is students that have a lot of free time and can enjoying such a time, and the other is students who have a lot of school stuffs to do and can't have a lot of times for themselves. About me, I was the latter one. During the first year was not really, but from the second year, I got busier and busier. Since I was going taking a course to become a testing technician, we had a lot of subjects and lab classes. We went to school everyday from the morning till evening, and was working hard. I found that our course was tougher than some courses my friends are taking. Usually, science students are busier than humanity students. I really envied when I heard my friend taking humanity course had less subjects in their exam terms, and had longer vacations!

Although I had a tough schedule at that time, I think I still had some time. It's a sad thing because maybe a lot of people notice it when they get really busy after starting working, and actually I am one of them. If I could go back to that time, I would definitely do what I want to do. It's "traveling". However I was a busy student, I had a privilege; student's long vacations. I should have made good use of them. I went to part time job and did some stuff, but can't deny that I was wasting time as well. I should have varied the pace of life and should have done things that I could do only at that time. But however I regret, everything is too late now. I can't get the time back, so what I have to do is make the time I'm spending now as good as I can.

However I can't be a student anymore, there are some good things being out in the world; the biggest one is maybe being able to get some money. Especially people like me, living with family, can get some pocket money we can spend as we want. Since I want to pay my student loan back quickly, plus, I wanna save up some money as well, I can't spend a lot of salary on me. But still, there are some more spaces in my wallet compared to when I was a student. Since last spring, I realized that I couldn't get free time anymore but some money. Now it's the time to think what I can do in my situation, and make my life as nice as I can. One of the things I want to try is keeping in touch with friends; the precious thing that got busy as well.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

私もそう思いますよね。大学にいた時あまり気づかなかったけど、就職の後から段々気づいて、何か時間を無駄にした感じが現れました。ちょっと悪い気分ですね。
それなのに、あの時の私たちにとって、時間を無駄にして、何も大したことしないで楽にいたのは当然じゃないか。まだ大人じゃなかったから、今の私たちが気づけることをあの時に気づけないのは驚くべきものじゃないと思いますよね。
大学にいた時に、そんな心配があればあるほど、今の懐かしい思いより少ないかもしれない。

haha, hope that all made sense.. that and how much traveling could you possibly have done without money from job? :P

悪循環! ははは

Megumi said...

でも、大学のときは大学のときでそれはそれで忙しいんだけどね。テストに追われたり、研究室あったり、お小遣い稼ぐためにバイトしたり…。自分の理想の生活をするって難しいことだよね。