March 16, 2009

Catching Fish at a Stream


Since I stayed at hospital whole a day yesterday, I came back home in the morning. After a while when I got home, my brother, who has spring vacation right now, asked me if I would go catching some fish with him. Since I was kind a bored, I said yes so quickly. When he says let's go catching fish, it doesn't mean "fishing" you imagine;his "fishing" is just getting into a stream and catch some fish with a net like when you catch some insects.

The stream is near from our house. It's like a mountain torrent stream and some livings are there. I used to catch small crabs when I was a kid. My brother and I still go there sometimes to catch fish as a food. Of course not ours, but our pets'. Our tortoise loves gourmet foods; sashimi (too good for her!) and living fish. My brother keeps a flesh-eating fish in his aquarium as well, and puts killifish as its food. Since his fish eats a lot of killifish recently; it's absolutely not kind to his wallet, so he decided to catch some fish today.

It was after a long while for me to go there, so I was shocked when I saw the stream shape changed. It used to be much deeper, but what I saw was a very shallow water. My brother told me they've fixed the stream after it broke when a typhoon came last summer, and actually the stream looked unnaturally straighter than before. It was good that they didn't make a concrete wall in the river, but I wondered if we could catch fish there because we didn't see any signs of fish.

Finally, we couldn't get so many fish. I don't know if they've disappeared or just hiding, but hope that they'll come back when it gets warmer. Although we didn't get to catch fish so much, I was happy going there, since I found some "spring" around there; sakura is coming~, lol.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

der.. not sure I'd even go so far as to call that a stream.. then again, it's a lot more natural than anything you'd find around here.. just picture sewage and stagnant water maybe.. nothing fresh and running..

Megumi said...

That too bad you can't see clean natural water there. But actually there are some revers that we can't say clean...I'm not sure if they are as dirty as your rivers, lol.