March 29, 2009

Hospital Trip


I just came back from an overnight trip with some members of my lab. This was our hospital trip; that was my work place trip. Since we can't make the hospital left without anyone, so we had two groups to departing different days, and people who wanted to go could choose from the two days. I was in the 2nd group, and left the hosital yesterday.

Maybe one of the best places for working place trip is a hot-spring, and actually we went to a hotel in one of the most famous hot-spring place; Ikaho onsen, and the tour guide said the hotel's bathes are the best one around that area. So, I got so excited about it.

One of the thing that you can't avoid in such a trip is, you have to be sociable in some degree. There must be a dinner, and you might have to talk to people that you don't know so much or walking around to pour beer in glasses of people who are superior than you. If you act well in such situation, it might be one of the chances to get promoted, lol. I'm not active, so I was just talking to a person who was beside me; but we got the seats by lottery, so I didn't know the person so I was very shy to talk to him for the first time! lol. Anyway, the dinner was so nice and looked expensive, I ate almost everything of them, and moved where my colleagues were after a while.

The dinner came alive when karaoke started and some doctors were singing, but I and my same age colleagues were bored and wanted to take the nice bath. So when the dinner got over, we three went back to the room, and moved to the bath. The bath was really awesome. It's not just about the water, the equipments are really good. The place we wash our body was wide and was separated from next by small walls. And the bathtubs are really awesome. There are some wide bathtubs in a large room. The temperature of each bath was different, and there are some jet bathes too. What I liked the most is a half body bathtub out side, which we can see the view, and an open air bath. I've never seen that many bathes in a hotel, so maybe that was one of best hotels that I; a poor girl, have ever been, lol.

Next day, we went strawberry picking. To tell the truth, I didn't expect about it since I thought maybe the strawberry won't be so good, but it failed to come up to my expectation. The strawberries looked much better than I thought! :) I ate a lot and felt happy. After that, we visited a glass factory, and ate noodles as lunch at a restaurant. The noodles were very firm and really yummy. The tour guide said the noodle is famous and they presented it to the Emperor in old days.

After lunch, we finally came back. The hot-spring was really good, and foods were yummy. But the transportation; the bus was tiring. I think I got stiff shoulders and a stiff neck :( Maybe I'll sleep well tonight, lol. Anyway, the trip was fun in some degree, although it was a kind of "part of my work". I hope that I got a little bit closer to my same age seniors that I went with this time :P

2 comments:

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Ah, so I take it you got to know your colleagues more? So, do you think you got promoted !?@ XD

Megumi said...

I'm not sure. But eating and sleeping together make people get closer, don't they?