October 26, 2010

Great Symbol Of The Island


So, as soon as I left the backpack at the hostel, I left for the island. When I arrived at there, deer came to meet me, lol. Actually, there are lots of wild deer that are not afraid of humans. They sometimes try to get food (like a map, lol) from us and I had my clothes about to be eaten once while I was in the island!! Dangerous!!!! LOL

Firstly, I walked to the ropeway station and took a ropeway to Mt.Misen. I'm sure I could climb the mountain if I had the will, but this time, I skipped it because I didn't wanna miss my little time staying there. I wanted to climb the mountain first, and wanted to eat something yummy when I came back from there. Actually, I went to the top much quicker than I expected. It didn't take that long as the sign told...might be because I'm a girl who was trained by Mt.Takao (I'm just kidding). Anyway~, I came back from the mountain asap, and got an oyster lunch set that I wanted to eat...it was YUM :P Actually, I'd been taking pictures of stuffs I ate and kept sending them to my sister. You can easily guess how much she envied me. We LOVE yummy foods :P So, I got a bit of lots of snacks there, and waited for the time of low water to walk to the bottom of the shrine gate. I wanted to do three things in the island; going to the bottom of the gate, watching the sunset of the shrine, and seeing the night view of the island: The gate belongs to the shrine (world heritage) in the island, however, it also looks as the symbol of whole the island. It is counted as one of the 3 most beautiful scenery in Japan.

Fortunately, I accomplished all of them. I took some nice pictures of the gate in the sunset and also in the light up. Damn, I always wish I had a good skill of photography whenever I see beautiful landscapes. I know that my skill is not enough, but hope you will feel the some of the great atmosphere I felt there with this picture...even it's a little :)

Incidentally...later, my friend who I met at hostel told me he was mesmerized by the gate when he saw it :)


Web album: A Trip to Hiroshima

No comments: