March 3, 2010

Whisper Of The Heart


I got up late this morning because today was my day off and I came back home late last night. It was the last day for a co-worker and I went drinking with some people. I felt strange and a little bit lonely because I hadn't experienced anyone leaving the workplace yet, I mean, someone who I've worked with. I haven't  really talked to him so much, but maybe it's a natural thing that I felt that way.

When I woke up, I noticed that the weather was good. I didn't have any plans. But I didn't feel like staying at home all the day as well. I wanted to go somewhere on such a good day. I checked if there was something interesting in Tokyo area but couldn't find anything. I like shopping, but I don't want to go shopping for a while since I want to save money this month. So, I decided to walk around somewhere. But where? Then an idea came up to my mind. Let's visit the setting of "Whisper Of The Heart"!! It's a movie of studio Ghibli that was made when I was an elementary school student. I was also one of the girls that fell in love with Seiji at that time. I remember a funny story; I have a friend who loves studio Ghibli works a lot and she is my high school friend. When we were talking about the movie at school, she told me she had thought she would fall in love with someone like Shizuku and Seiji when she becomes a junior high school student, but nothing happened, lol.

Anyway, I've known that the place is not so far from my place, but haven't really visited. It was a good chance :) I've heard that there are no other anime movies that reproduces a real townscape as much as the movie. I have no idea about the details, but at least I enjoyed walking. It was regretful that I didn't go to a cafe that is the model of a shop "地球屋" in the movie. Maybe next time..

2 comments:

K said...

Hi, I saw this movie recently. It's a very beatiful story and I liked all the scenario and the music. I think is one of the most interesting works of Mr Miyazaki.

Megumi said...

Oh, you saw this movie? I'm glad that you liked it :D