February 19, 2010

How My Ikebana Goes


It's been half and a little bit more year since I started learning ikebana. I applied for 中等科中伝 in the end of last year and got the proof a few days ago. Now, it certifies that I reached to a level in 池坊(ikenobo) ikebana. The certificate I got is not a high level one, but it's a result for something that I've been doing.

Recent few weeks, the stuffs my teacher prepared were spring flowers. I liked the colour of peach flowers I used last week because the bright pink colour was pretty. I call it a vitamin colour :P I think that work is one of my most favorite ones I've ever made. I don't know till when I keep learning ikebana because it isn't on top of my list. However, I feel like learning this traditional art for a while as long as I don't feel it a tough work. I believe arts like this make my sensitivity rich and add a small enjoyment to my life.

No comments: