March 29, 2010

I Was Not Dreaming Last Time But...


Cherry blossoms reminded me about words someone said. When I heard it, I was in a dream. When I remembered it, I was in reality.

Shortest way isn't always the best way when you go somewhere. I think it's important to slow down or stop sometimes, look around or take another path and think about yourself: Which direction are you going toward?

There are landscapes you can never see by taking an airplane unless you take a train.
There are are things you can never notice by taking a train unless you walk.

We tend to choose an easier way to get to the destination. Yeah, it's not bad, if getting there is the only aim. But it might not be so impressive. When I remember about my trip to Thailand. It's like that. I didn't do anything. It was almost a full packaged tour. We took an airplane, and when when we got there, the tour guide took us here and there, did anything we needed...I really don't remember where I went. I mean, of course I took pictures so I know how they looked, but they are just not so impressive.

I went to Thailand.
I spent time there.
I had fun with my friends.

That's it. If I have some choices in the future, I'll never do it again.

Don't take it wrongly, I'm not saying it was bad. I guess, I've just changed. Like now, what I require from my trip is something that pushes me forward, something that introduces me things I've never seen. They might be tough or adventurous sometimes, but I'll rather choose the way. But I'm not gonna do something beyond me as long as I know it's not too dangerous. I don't wanna take a risk that may lose my life, but just extending my arm to the thing I may reach when I stand on tiptoe is okay.

I'm not dreaming. I'm standing with my feet on the ground.
I just want to see.
I just want to see and decide: Which way is good to pass. Which way is beyond me.

Sometimes, I may ask for an advise. However, I'm not gonna be swayed by it.
It may be just for expanding my choices.
It may be just for keeping a different idea somewhere in my mind.

Because, however critical people are, I can't deceive or betray myself.

3 comments:

One who has been changed said...

Interesting thoughts, suggest you consider that for each decision we make there is always a consequence some good and some bad. Just like we know that we will eventually die, but few really want to think about what happens after we die. Suggest you find a Bible and at least read the book of John. Consider well what God has said, since He loves us and His son Jesus the Christ died for our sins. Choose well as life is short and eternity is forever. May God give you faith to accept His gift of eternal life.

Art Mama said...

I love this paragraph: Sometimes, I may ask for an advise. However, I'm not gonna be swayed by it.
It may be just for expanding my choices.
It may be just for keeping a different idea somewhere in my mind.

so wise. Yes, asking for advice isn't necessarily because we want to be told what to do. xx

Megumi said...

Thanks for you comment :)