March 4, 2010

Life Is Luck And Timing, That's What I Believe


One of my co-workers talks about her husband a lot. She is 32 years old, and her husband is 5 years older than her. They've been married for 2.5 years or so. She usually complains about her husband and from her talk, I figured out him as a selfish and childish person (it's just an impression I got from her talk. I'm not sure if he really is). Although the topics are always something bad about him, it's quite interesting to listen to her talk because it looks that she enjoys living with him.

Let me tell you some examples.
● There is few days or no days in a week that he doesn't go drinking with his co-workers after work.
● Whenever he drinks, he gets so happy and comes back very late at night.
● She can't sleep well sometimes because he wakes her up being too drunk.
● He has stayed more than 2 hours at the toilet in a station sleeping.
● Sometimes he is soiled by stuff he throw up.
● In such cases, he sometimes throw up at home again and she cleans it.
● It's too troublesome for him to go out as long as it's not work.
● Whenever he stays at home, he plays video games and gets so mad if he is interrupted.
● He doesn't help housework usually, and waiting for her doing with gaming.
● He is picky about foods and never ever eats something he dislikes.

I think there are more, but forgot, lol. Anyway, she sometimes says if not her but another one were his wife, they would definitely divorce; so, she saved him, lol. I can't say anything, but at least, I don't think I can live with such a guy. I'm sure they are together since his good things are something beyond his bad things and they make her feel like being with him. However, I don't think I can stand those things however he has good things, lol. They are something unacceptable for me. I know that I might be too serious about anything.

Everyone is different. Couples don't have to be the same. Maybe they are attracted to each other because something is similar and also something is different. I've felt uneasy when I was different from my boyfriend, but I knew it was kind a stupid thing. We can make up each other because we are different. I envy her finding someone she wants to spend the rest of her life with even she complains about something. I think it's miracle. "Life mostly depends on luck and timing", that's what I believe. Even you meet a "right person", if the timing is not good, you won't be together with the person. So, thinking about meeting someone that you can enhance each other in a good timing, it's just a miracle for me.

When I went snowboarding with friends last month, we got a chance to listen to kind a guys' honest thought from my friend's boyfriend. Actually, he is her fiance since they got engaged last summer. I think he is really nice because he drove us all the way and spent whole the time with us even he was the only guy. He thought it would be tough if he wouldn't come with us so he did all the stuff. I really appreciate it and can't thank enough. He let us know his honest thought however me and another friend were new to him, and listened to our talk seriously.

When we were drinking at night, one of my friends asked him why he had decided to get married with her in this timing. He told us he doesn't need to search for another one because she is the right one to spend the rest of his life with. He also told us he believes he can overcome any toughness with her...it has to be her for him. So, he decided. I was shocked that he declared such a thing in front of us, his girlfriends' friends he is not familiar with. I thought he settle his eyes to an clear direction and it doesn't vacillate.

After he said such a thing, a friend (actually it was her fist time meeting him) told him about her situation and wanted to hear his opinion. She's been in a long distance relationship with her bf for some month. She wants to get married when she is 27 years old (we all are 25 now), but she's heard that he doesn't wanna get married until he turns to 30 when they were friends. Since she knows about it, she can't let him know that she wants to get married when she is 27. And because of it, she wonders if it's better to start finding another one now. If she thinks about finding someone, and having a relationship with him about a year, no more time is left. When I heard about it, I felt admiration for her because I don't really calculate like that (I thought I would be a girl what people call loser, lol). But I thought it's natural to think like that. We are reaching 30 in a few years. Most girls want to get married before 30.

Listening to her, he let us know his thought: There are two types of guys who say that they don't want to get married till 30. One of them is simply because they want to play. The think they may meet better girls in the future, so they don't want to settle themselves and be bound with laws with their present girlfriend. The other ones are who want to be stable when they get married; but they won't feel they are stable however they turn to 30. It's pointless to say such a thing. All they have to do is making a decision at a point, that's it. He doesn't think he is stable at all, however, he believes he can go toward the direction with her...So, he told my friend to tell her boyfriend her thought anyways. He would give her an answer at least. It won't be too late to decide after getting the answer.

Anyway, I think marriage is one of the biggest decisions in someones life. We will share happiness, and sadness, enhance each other's goodness, admit and accept badness. Of course, it might be just my ideal thought. But one thing, I'm really happy that my friend is gonna get married, and the person seems to be faithful and nice :)...She caught a good luck and timing (^_-)-☆

No comments: