March 24, 2010

Just Envy, Just Jealous, Want To Live In A Dream


Just wanna tell, his words impress me. I don't know why, but I like his notes. It's hard to explain by words tho. Mostly, the topics are about small things. Small things..but they make me smile and I feel something warm in my heart. I might be just envying him because he has something I want.

Ah..I miss Cambodia. Actually, I miss traveling. How does it feel going to other countries by myself without having a shortly limited time? How does it feel using local transportation to move from place to place carrying a backpack?

Hey, how was your 16 hours bus ride to Laos?
Hey, why can you go somewhere with someone you don't know?
Hey, please tell me about the stories you met during your trip.

IF, I get a chance to meet him again, I have a lot of things to ask. I want to listen to his stories, I want to browse his pictures :)

Of course he was overcharged or cheated sometimes. He was even robbed money in Chiang Mai. But beside getting into such troubles, he didn't stop being concerned with people. I know not everyone is bad. Maybe most of people are kind. However, in the situation of being on a trip, probably most people who are coming close to us by themselves have some mind of getting benefit. On his note, he wrote that being in countries like Cambodia or Vietnam, he was naturally overcharged by taxis, it was not rare today's price was different from yesterday at the same store, and in the end, he was asked for a direction, so he told kindly, but after all, he was soaked money and he was kind of distrusted people because of such troubles. But when he went to Thailand, he met a nice woman. They went eat together, and she didn't let him pay for the meal and stuff.

He says; I've been tricked, and it sometimes made me feel it might be better not to be nice to people. But being with her, I really thought it was good that I'm not one of the people who deceive. Maybe she wanted to make a tourist who came to her country happy. If I am in Japan, and if I get to know someone who's visiting Japan from over sea, I definitely want them to go back to their country with happy feelings. It feels like I was told that I should do so by being with her. If I feel "Thailand is a very good country" because of only one person, it's possible for a Japanese to make someone feel "Japan is a very good country" from his/her bottom of the heart.

I wonder how many troubles he was involved during his trip. It's really good he is alive. I also wonder how many marvelous things he met!

Again, how does it feel going to other countries by myself without having a shortly limited time? How does it feel using local transportation to move from place to place carrying a backpack? It makes chances to share time with local people...I'm sure it's risky, but isn't it fun at the same time? I can experience something I can never experience being a full package tour staying at a gorgeous hotel :) I'm not interested in duty-free stores or high-end hotels. I'd rather feel local atmosphere.

I just envy, just jealous. I want to do the same thing he's doing. However, it's risky. It's like jumping into the sea naked. I may get into a lot of troubles under the sea, and however I come back to the seaside safely, I'm naked.

Freedom is not just free. I sacrifice something, bear responsibility, and get the freedom instead. I'm still not brave to throw everything away and jump into a dream land. But I know, it's up to me if I choose stable but boring life or risky but exciting life.

P.S. Please don't get mad about writing about your note. I don't know if you read this, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with someone who reads my blog :)

4 comments:

マケイブ said...

おもろいなぁ!

Megumi said...

おもしろいかぁ?そうかなぁ?(笑)

Unknown said...

Niceeee :)

Megumi said...

Thanks v(^_^)v