February 2, 2010

A Mark Of History


I thought I would take a nap when I had breakfast at GH after seeing sunrise, but I didn't feel like it anymore when I came back. My sleepiness was gone completely, and I was excited about coming ground tour. When I finished breakfast, I ate a yogurt I bought the other day and prepared for going out. Though I brought only one long sleeve jacket, I wanted to wash it because I'd wore it almost everyday since I got to Cambodia. And that made me get sunburned so much during the day :S I knew that I should have, but I was too lazy to put sunblock on me.

When we went to East Mebon, I saw an impressive thing. There were countless small holes on the walls and I felt them creepy. Neg told me they are holes made by guns during the civil war. I tried to imagine what happened there in old days but couldn't picture it clearly. However, the bullet holes were enough to remind me of a sad history which happened there.

It was lucky having Neg beside a lot during the day. He always let me know what he knows when we were seeing ruins. It was funny when we were going to Neak Pean, I thought I had to go alone because I saw a guy checking tourist pass card beside the way to the ruin, but when I passed there, Neg spoke to him and followed me keeping distance while fumbling cellphone. He didn't talk to me till we got close to the ruin and acted like we didn't know each other, lol. It was good he came with me tho because I'm sure I didn't know what some of the sculptures were without his help :P


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: