February 2, 2010

Eastern Monna Lisa And Beautiful Sunset


After lunch, I went to see Banteay Srei alone. This ruin has beautiful red colour and my guidebook says the best time visiting there is morning. When I visited there, the sun was already so high but I still felt it looked more red than other ruins. Since I heard that there are beautiful sculptures that are called "Eastern Monna Lisa", I tried not to miss them :P

When I was walking back to Neg, I was spoken to by a guy. We had a small chat, but actually, he wanted me to buy postcards. And once I bought something from the guy, I was surrounded by some children!! They came after me and tried so hard to sell something. But I didn't have will to buy anything at that time, so I went straightly back to the place Neg was waiting. When I got there, few children were still coming with me, but they left when Neg told something. I didn't know what he said because it was in Khmer, but maybe he told them that I wouldn't buy anything. Neg helped me like that sometimes and I thanked him for the help because such children were anywhere and some of them were so persistent that they didn't leave me easily however I told them I was not gonna buy anything again and again :S

After few more ruins (too many ruins confuse me, I can't tell which is which, lol), we went to Phnom Bakheng to see sunset. Bayon was also included in small tour, but Neg told me we would go there after going to ground tour next day. So, we just walked around the ruin and then headed to Phonm Bakehng.

When we got to the bottom of the mountain, a lot of tourists were already there. Everyone had the same purpose, lol. When I got off from the motorcycle, I asked Neg if he would come with me. He told me he would and actually he did. But later, when we were coming down from the top of the mountain, he told me that it was his first time going up to the mountain with a customer. Yay! I'm the memorial first one v(*^_^*)v

The sunset view from the mountain was so beautiful. The sun went down under the horizon over there becoming more red and red. When it disappeared completely, people clapped. It was such an impressive moment.


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: