February 2, 2010

Business War Beside Beautiful Sunrise


Next day, I got up around 4:30 because I was going to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat. Neg had told me we were going to leave the GH around 5, so I wanted to get up a little bit earlier to prepare for going out as a girl (making up and stuff) even I'm not much of one, lol. When we left for Angkor Wat, the sky was still very dark and there were lots of stars glittering. Lights in Siem Reap city are not so bright as much as in Tokyo and when you go out of the city, there is almost no streetlights. I was so sleepy and was gazing blankly at stars behind him on the way to Angkor. It was good that I brought my maglite because the way to Angkor Wat from the parking area didn't have lights and I would hardly see anything without it.

When we got there, many people were already on standby seeing the sunrise. I was always impressed by Cambodians aggressive salesmanship because they were lending plastic chairs to tourists with one dollar. When tourists refuse, they say "If you buy a drink, you can get a seat by free". And a cup of drink is one dollar...I thought they want to get dollars somehow...lol. I didn't get any drinks nor chair because I didn't feel they were worth it. As for me, it was better standing to be flexible to move for taking pictures :)

The sunrise was beautiful. The red colour gradually spread from behind of Angkor Wat into the dark blue sky, and the sun peeped. I wondered if the Cambodians who were selling seats or drinks were also impressed with the sunrise...or, they just cared about their business. When the sun appeared fully, I left there for where Neg was waiting.


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: