June 8, 2009

いけばな


To grow out of boring life, I decided to learn "いけばな(ikebana)". It's kind a flower arrangement. It started in Muromachi Era, and separated to many schools. How they arrange flowers and what materials they use depend on the school.

Honestly, I'm not interested in what kind of school I like right now. So I chose my school with the location and class time. My purpose from now is making my life coloured with flowers and stuff. If I put some flower in the entrance, kitchen, my room...and if I know how to put flowers look pretty, isn't it fun? First of all, I thought I wanted to learn the basic of ikebana whatever.

I heard that my mom used to learn ikebana as well. But her school is "古流(koryuu)" and mine is "池坊(ikenobou)". However, I think it doesn't matter if I use her scissors (koryuu's scissors are different of ikenobou's), and even my teacher said so. But maybe I should buy ikenobou's scissors when I get my diploma. I don't know when though. It would be long long while later.

The class will be only a few times in a month. I'm sure I'll enjoy it!! It won't be unenjoyable since when I went there, brought back the flowers, the entrance added some gaiety there :)

2 comments:

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Interesting. I guess you need to be creative for this as well. It gives you a chance to express your creativity I reckon. You'll probably get exposed to all sorts of new and exotic flowers! I'm sure it'll add that extra bit of finesse to your life!

~Good luck.

Megumi said...

Thank you. I'll have fun to learn it~ *happy*