February 2, 2010

My Most Favorite Ruin


We had late lunch when we came back to Angkor Thom area after seeing few more ruins (of course Cambodian meal again!). After seeing Terrace of the Elephants, I finally got to see the ruin that I had been so so interested in since I took a look for the fist time. BAYON, YOU HAVE MY HEART!!! It has 54 towers that have smiling Bodhisattva faces on each side. The sight was so majestic and I felt I could spend whole a day just sitting there and seeing those faces without being bored. Actually, when I went back to the restaurant that Neg was waiting, I told him I wanted to go there again if it was ok. Of course he said ok because it was the last place we went, and I spent another hour among those faces. When I was sitting and looking around, I noticed that another girl was doing the same thing as me!! I didn't talk to her, but I felt something familiar because we were sharing the same atmosphere.

On the way to the GH, we saw wild monkeys playing around. When I told him there were monkeys, he asked me if I wanted him to stop to take pictures. He already knew I love taking pictures at that time :P He also asked me if I wanted to take pictures when we saw pretty sunset driving beside rice fields. So we left the motorcycle there and I ran through the rice field screaming like a kid, lol. I bet Neg was disgusted with my childish action, but he followed me and came into the rice field as well, lol. He is a nice driver :)

At night, I was chatting with a guy who is one of the GH drivers like Neg. He told me he wanted to go somewhere after work and maybe it would be a night club. I had wanted to take a look of a club since before, but hadn't gotten the chance yet. So I knew that I wouldn't know what is different from Japanese ones, but first clubbing experience in Cambodia didn't sound bad. On the contrary, I thought it would be an interesting topic to talk about when I come back to Japan. So, HOW COME I WOULDN'T GO WITH HIM AND TAKE A LOOK OF A CAMBODIAN NIGHT CLUB? There was no reason to refrain. So I asked him to take me with him and we drove through the night city to a club.

The night club gave me some impression, but I'm not gonna mention about it here. I just say, he and me spent few hours there, drove around the city, and came back to the GH. I don't think I will ever do such things in Japan. Like, sitting behind someone who drank alcohol and driving around without helmets, lol. But it was fun. When we came back to the GH, I was deadly tired. No wonder, I slept only for 4 hours or so and woke up early for sunrise in the morning. I took a shower somehow, but passed out. I couldn't even brush my teeth. Such a thing was for the first time in many many years. When I woke up, I looked at my watch and it was 6:30. I thought I missed saying good-bye to Yuta because he was leaving at 5:30 in the morning. Maybe he was already gone..so I fell asleep again.


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: