October 1, 2009

Ohitorisama Debut


"Ohitorisama" means oneself. If you go to restaurant or somewhere, a waiter asks how many people it is, so if you are alone, the person will say "Ohitorisama desuka?" The word was in fashion a few years ago. Since being "Ohitorisama" is becoming common. Before, it had a little negative impression, but now it's not like that...maybe.

I was a person who hasn't been to some places alone. I haven't even been to a cafe alone. But about cafe, that's because going to a cafe is kind an extravagant thing for me, so if I go there, it's always with someone, not alone. I'm a girl who can go to Yoshinoya or Matsuya alone; some girls feel shy to go alone. Even I go to such places alone, I haven't been to karaoke or movie alone. So, today was something new.

I came back home in the morning after work feeling like going somewhere alone, so I decided to go to karaoke alone because I remembered one of my friends said she liked going to karaoke alone. Plus, I wanted to go to see a movie because today was 1st day :) So I did two new things; going to karaoke and movie alone :D

I don't know why but it felt really good today, maybe because of the weather?? I wasn't shy about doing that as before. It was something fresh. I wanted to try some Krispy Kreme doughnuts as well because I haven't eaten them yet, but didn't get the chance today :( Hmmm, maybe next time. Anyway, I enjoyed. I feel like I'm mentally more stable than before recently. Something has been changing, and it brought me something stable. And maybe a lot of things of myself are getting better. I'm trying to be patient, trying to get close to my ideal, and I'm more outgoing now...etc. I'm happy about it. Hope that everything turns to be something better.

2 comments:

オローラ said...

From a foreigner’s point of view, Yoshinoya and Matsuya are men’s canteens targeting male patrons who like to have a quick and cheap meal. Well, if you go by yourself to these canteens, I believe the other male patrons may think that there is something wrong with you. …there would be secret glances too.^^

I enjoy going to café by myself. Personally I prefer cafés that are quiet, not popular and with open views so that I can watch the passersby without feeling alone all the time. I remember many cafes in Daikanyama and Odaiba would match my requirements (during weekdays only). As an alternative, maybe you can try the coffee shop at level 1 inside Seiyu Department Store at Kichijouji. This coffee shop is never popular, and you can watch the pedestrian mall through its windows.

Megumi said...

Haha, you've been to many cafes :) I'm not sure if i go cafes alone...でも、参考にします(^0^)