April 10, 2009

My April


It was a happy story, until I noticed that two of them were labelled as "work".

It's a fresh month...but actually not fresh for me since our lab didn't get any new faces. When the schedule for April came out at the end of March, I thought it looked like I would have a lot of off days. I felt like that because I have two full shifts on Saturday and Sunday respectively, so the days off on the weekdays are just compensatory days off. Plus, I don't have anything scheduled on weekends like before, so the word "work" is sadly standing out on my weekend spaces.

I don't dislike weekend shifts. About Saturdays, our lab usually has half a day off, so it isn't that different compared to weekday shifts. And about Sundays, I stay alone there so I feel easy as long as it's not busy. But this time it's a little bit sad. I would have to miss a drinking meeting with my Uni friends because of it, and I don't have ANY plans on my weekdays off :( I don't say I'm a person who is always free and available, but having a whole day without doing anything is sad. Especially on weekdays, it's absolutely hard to get any friends that are available. For instance, one of my closest friends is a teacher, so she can't get weekdays off. She even told me she would have to schedule her honeymoon during summer vacation or something if she gets married.

Perhaps I feel something is missing because I'm not living a full life now :( "If, if, if.." there are a lot of "if's" when imagining about my full life, but they're not active now. Anyway, it'll be one of the ways I start filling up my red days in my schedule book. Want to make my off days better, although I don't have plans now :P

3 comments:

Jeff said...

kinda in the same boat.. off most of next week but haven't made plans.. thought about going somewhere but no place I really want to see.. so guess I'll stay in the city and keep saving for my next trip to Japan :)

keep your days in November open for me ! :P

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

It's unfortunate that you don't have a flexible schedule. But I guess it comes with your job description.. Yeah, it does kind of suck that you can't meet your friends. (T_T)

Luckily I have a flexible schedule, however, I still choose to work every available shift. I guess I'll be in a similar situation once I land a professional job. (T_T)

Megumi said...

>Jeff
Yeah, it's a good to save your money for your next trip :) Haha, maybe I can get a few days off when you come, but not so many. Since I wanna go somewhere as well :P

>Jensen
Might be. Choose a flexible job if you can!!