August 1, 2010

Dreaming Of Sleep


At last night of July, I was staying at workplace being bored. I was busy when another co-worker was there, but after she left, it wasn't so busy anymore. I watched TV while eating...it was a program of broadcasting one of the most famous fireworks display in Tokyo. I remember last year, I stayed over two consecutive Saturday nights and both of them had big fireworks display, so I missed them. I emailed one of my friends that is going to go to the party next weekend to confirm something, and she told me she would check something and text me back later since she was outside.

Maybe fireworks. I thought so. It might be wrong, but I envied her. It felt like everyone was having fun in the heated atmosphere at the riverside but I was bored in the lab. It sucked. If I can go to a firework display this summer somewhere around Tokyo, maybe it'll be only on 14th at Tokyo bay. Since I'll have work till around 3pm, I won't be able to wear yukata, but it should be alright. It's much nicer if I go there wearing it, but going there itself has a higher priority for me. I don't know why but really want to go.

One of my friends from high school texted me. She told me that she was going to organize drinking and want us to let her know which day would be good, 11th, 12th, or 14th. So, if I had made a promise to go to the fireworks, I wouldn't say I would be available on 14th. However, since not, I told her any day would be ok but I would be happy if the day would be 11th or 12th. Generally thinking, weekends are better for people to meet up so there is a high possibility that the meeting would be on 14th.

I remember where I went on first Saturday in August last year. I also came back home in the morning like today after work. The hot weather brings me a lot of memories back which maybe I shouldn't think of too much.

I like watching fireworks. However it makes me feel sad and lonely. The fading light and sound remind me of the end of summer, coming cool season and fleeting reality. I wonder if I've changed. However everything is gone, sometimes I feel that I haven't gotten out from dreaming of sleep yet.

No comments: