January 31, 2010

Cambodian Curry In Coconut Fruit


After Angkor Wat, we went to Prasat Kravan and headed to Banteay Srei. On the way to Banteay Srei, we saw a small museum. Neg asked me if I wanted to take a look and I said yes. It was The Cambodian Landmine Museum. They display a lot of landmines that were removed from the ground, and there are also exhibitions of photos. In those photos, I saw people removing the landmines and also people who were suffered from those mines. When I was looking at one of those photos, I found a photo that children were standing right beside the warning sign of landmines. Neg told me those children don't know that the place is dangerous because they don't go to school...so, they can't read the sign. I wondered how many children were sacrificed because of such a reason..

Around lunch time, we got to Banteay Srei. I asked Neg if he was hungry because I was hungry :D So, soon we got some Cambodian foods as luch. It was my first time eating something in Cambodia out of the GH :) When I was looking at the menu, I had no idea what to eat. But at least, I didn't wanna eat something like chicken and egg that I can eat in Japan. So, I asked Neg to tell me what he recommends...of course something unique in Cambodia. He told me Cambodian curry is good, but there were two kinds of the same curry on the menu; chicken or beef. I had to choose one of them. I asked him which is better, and he said chicken. So I decided to order the chicken one :) When the dish was brought for me, I was happy because the curry was in a coconut fruit!!! I don't say the curry was amazingly delicious, but it was yummy enough to make me happy. The taste reminded me about curry in Thailand tho, lol. Maybe my meal looked interesting, while I was eating, my eyes met a tourist guy's who was sitting behind me. I spoke to him, "It looks unique". I was not so shy in Cambodia :P


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: