June 2, 2009

I Enjoy Reading!

Recently, I started reading books again. I don't deny going to the library is a bit troublesome, but once I get some books, I can spend a great time :)

What did make me like that is a book of Murakami Haruki. I've heard of the name, and knew that he was very popular, but haven't read the book. One day, I told my mom I was interested in his book and wanted to read. Luckily, my mom had his books, so I got the chance to read them without making effort, lol.

The title of the books was "ダンス・ダンス・ダンス" they were vol.1 and vol.2. It was a little mysterious story. Actually, the story was interesting, so I liked it a lot. I felt like reading his book much more.

I heard that he published a new book after a while. Since he has a lot of fans, the book was subscriptions from half a million people!! He even has a lot of fans abroad as well. His books are translated in some languages. I heard that some people started learning Japanese to enjoy his original books in Japanese :D

Now I finished the book of him that I got in the library the other day. I can't wait to get another book from the library soon (*^_^*)

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Yeah, a lot of his books get translated into English. Have two books by him myself, "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" and the one about the sarin gas attack on Tokyo. Don't think I ever finished either of them though.. O.o

Megumi said...

Hahaha, you didn't finish them? Are those books in Japanese or in English?? :P

Jeff said...

English of course.. ^^;

Tried reading books in Japanese before (think I have Harry Potter lying around in my room somewhere) but it was frustrating having to stop and look up kanji and dictionary at every sentence.. just shows how much more there is for me to learn.. ;_;

Megumi said...

Hahaha, maybe same here. Have to check a lot of words if I read an English book (-_-;) So sad..