June 20, 2009

Where To Go Next


The thing, that commands majority of my brain is "where to go next". Although we don't have official summer holidays in our workplace, we still can get some days off with using the paid holidays as summer vacation in turn. So, what I'm thinking is about my next trip.

I'm not sure for now, since I don't know where to go. But I want to avoid the season that is so expensive to travel. So for now, I'm thinking of getting some days off in October :) I don't think I can get a week off, maybe 5 or 6 days in maximum, so the place I can go is somewhere in Japan or some Asian country that is close from Japan. Of course I wanna visit Europe, but it needs much more days as long as I don't stay in a small city whole the days. And maybe I'll go with my sister again, so the place has to be the one she is interested too.

So, where is good to visit in that schedule? 5~6 days, in October. Want to visit somewhere that is comfortable to visit in that season :) It will be much better if the place is best to visit in the season.

The other day, I read about India in some blogs. I got interested and wanted to visit. But my sister isn't interested in India so much. :S And there is another problem, if I go with other tourists and tour conductors, it would be alright. I don't have to worry about things so much and can travel comfortably. But I think it's a little bit boring. It's much better to be free. But I read a lot of experience of backpackers who went to India. All of them say India is fun but have to be careful because almost all of Indians that speak to us (Japanese) on the way are trying to trick us...scary! India is a country anything happens. For example, when you're on the street, someone puts dung of a caw on your shoe (you don't notice). The person tells you he would clean it and require you solecistic money for that!! It's so unbelievable. I don't think everyone does such things, but think maybe it's true since I don't think people who likes India say such unimaginable thing. Anyway, I don't deny I'm a bit scared, lol. Actually, I heard Japanese tourists are easy marks in other countries to trick :( Japan is one of the safest country in the world. I've heard of a news about French guys in Japan. They tricked people and got money. When they were arrested, they said, "Japanese people believe someone too easily". It really sucks. It might be true, but I want to say I feel sorry for you to have such poor thoughts trying to cheat on people.

Anyway, I didn't wanna say bad things about foreigners. I really want to visit a lot of places, but a little bit scared because not all the people are nice to us. Sadly, people who are trying to harm us do exist however most of people (I want to belive so) are not like that.

...Where to go??

2 comments:

オーロラ said...

Cairns in Australia is a good place to go during Sept/Oct. Discounted round trip airfares of about 61,000 Yen, inclusive of tax, is being offered from jetstar.com.au. The direct flight from Narita only takes about six hours and you will be in one of the natural wonders of the world - the Great Barrier Reef. Australia is comparatively a safe country to visit, no worries. You may also take the opportunity to visit your senior (who married an Australian) if she happens to stay in Queensland.

Megumi said...

Ah! Australia is one of the places that I want to visit!!! I wanna go squba diving there! :D But, Australia is still cold in October. As I'm working in a hospital, it's better to refrain from going there since the swine flu will be popular there :( But I really wanna visit Australia!! Hopefully, in a few years :D