July 14, 2010

Recent Style Of Spending Time


I grabbed a book that was half-finished and another one that I hadn't started reading yet. I took a train and went downtown in my city. I thought where to go for a bit when I got there, but decided to go to karaoke. Once I went there alone for the first time, I haven't felt shy going there alone anymore. It's a good place to release the stress that I've stored up. I can sing (scream?) there a lot and no one cares, lol. I have poor repertory of songs, however, tried to sing a new one today. It's a song from Turky which my sister tried to sing the other day when we went to karaoke. The lyrics are not so interesting for me but I like the rhythm. After feeling refreshed there, I went to Mcdonald's to grab some coffee. There are two Mcdonald's around the station, and I like the newer one. It opened maybe last year or so, and it still looks clean. I like taking one of the seats which is just in front of the big windows so I can see outside. There is a doughnut chain whose name is "mister doughnut" obliquely across the street and I can see people sitting there from the seat. Actually, I like taking a seat there as well. Nursing coffee, I read books. Sometimes, I saw around my seat, saw outside of the window and watch people passing by. I feel very relaxed when I do it. I wanna do it at a STARBUCKS at Shibuya which locates beside the scramble crossing but haven't gotten a chance yet, lol.

Recently I spend my off days like this when I have no plans. I don't feel like staying at home bored anymore. It's better to go outside however I just stay at a cafe (Mcdonald's) and read a book. I mostly go to the library, get books and read them there. Of course it's better to have some events sometimes. For now, I have 3 events in coming 3 months; friend's party after her wedding party, a real escape game, and Luna Regalo. I also want to go to a fireworks display. Till last summer, I hadn't thought about going there unless I have someone to go with, however, I feel like it's ok to go alone, just sitting on the riverside grabbing some beer, lol. I'm sure I'll look like a lonely poor girl if I do it tho. It's interesting that I like summer more than winter now. I didn't have any preference about seasons before. It may be because I enjoyed traveling some South East Asian countries, but I'm not sure.

No comments: