January 31, 2010

Night Market


When I came back from sightseeing, the GH people said "お帰りなさい" and I said "ただいま". It was relaxing having such greetings. I felt as if there was my home, lol. Yuta also said お帰りなさい to me, and asked how Beng Mealea was. He told me he wanted to come with me so I asked him why he didn't. The reason was, his Angkor ticket could be used till the day so he had to go to places where the ticket was available. Anyway, I had my first meal in Cambodia there. I had rice, something made of green tomatoes, and a soup with strong peppers, lol. Yuta told me about night market and supermarket he went and I was interested in going to night market. When I said that, Neg told us that he would take us there after work :) Yay!! v(>∀<)v So, around 9 o'clock, we headed to the night market...of course 3 people on a motorcycle; me and Yuta without helmets!! :P We already got used to such things, lol.

Night market was not so crowded. I saw Cambodians trying to sell things to tourists hardly, lol. One of the enjoyable things going to a market like it is bargaining :P I got a few things for myself with lower price than they showed firstly, but didn't know if it was a fair price. Maybe not?? Lol. Prices are too different from that of Japanese. But beside shopping, what did was TAKING PICTURES. You know I love taking snapshots, right? I bet Neg and Yuta were disgusted seeing me trying to take pictures from good angles, lol. After an hour or so, we found that Neg looked tired. It was his pleasure taking us there, so Yuta suggested to get him a drink or something and I agreed. We moved to a bar in the market, and ordered drinks. I wanted to have something unique so I asked the waitress what she recommends and got the one :)

The conversation we had there was very fun. However, I felt sorry a little bit because I was mostly talking to Yuta :S He had a nice camera and showed me pictures he took during his trip. He went to Vietnam before coming to Cambodia, went to Phnom Penh and came to Siem Reap. He told me what he experienced during the trip and how Phnom Penh is different from Siem Reap. I asked him why he decided going to a 2 months trip by himself and he told me he wanted to book a flight in foreign country, lol. I felt he was cool and brave because his English skill is poorer than mine but he was doing such a great thing. I envied him and felt myself so little worrying about language and stuff. He told me people were nice to him when they noticed he can't speak English, but what he failed was wearing shoes that were made in France being in Vietnam. Every story of his was interesting but what the most impressive was the words he said.

"When I browse pictures without frames I took, they frighten me because it feels like I actually took the pictures being there".

It was about the exhibition pictures that he took pictures of. His theme of the trip is "war". He went to the atom bomb museum in Hiroshima before leaving Japan, but what he saw in Vietnamese war museum was much stronger. I totally agreed with it browsing his pictures. They made me want to visit there. Maybe I will...one day, not too far in the future...I felt like talking to him more, but stopped because I noticed it was late. It was 11:30 or so and some stores were already closed. On my way home, Neg asked if I would see the sunrise next morning but I told him next time. I was sure that I wouldn't get up early because I was tired too, lol.


Web album: A Trip to Singapore And Cambodia

No comments: