May 14, 2009

My Best Trip Ever!


Who expected the trip would be fun that much? Actually, the short trip was my best trip in my life. Our Singaporean friends took care of us very much. It didn't matter I couldn't go somewhere I was planning, it didn't matter I couldn't do something I was thinking about; they were really really small things compared to what we experienced during the trip.

It was a really busy trip as thick as a durian! We didn't expect them come with us whole the days, but they did!!! They came to the hotel to pick us up everyday, and brought us anywhere! I didn't even have to look at my guidebook! All we had to do was just following them and enjoy! It's been just less than two years since I got to know my Singaporean friends, but it felt like we'd known each other for a long while for me. I really do felt calm and enjoyed spending time with them and their family :D

In Singapore, we got the chance to eat their food. They fed us A LOT. I'm sure I gained my weight..:S Their foods were something fresh. I sometimes got shocked since some foods tasted like the taste I never expected. As for me, the greatest things we tried there were frog and durian. They invited us to their mother's day dinner at a sea food restaurant!! I was a little bit sad when I saw frogs being kept outside in a aquarium since I like frogs, but when it came on the dish, there was no way to escape; I ATE IT. It tasted like chicken, but felt a little smoother and had some bones. Actually It was good :D But It was good that the meat didn't have the "frog shape", lol. If it did, I don't think I could eat it. (But it's just because I haven't used to it. I can eat locusts boiled down in soy since I've eaten it when I was little, lol) And about durian...I was scared if it tastes too bad..but it was not bad. But I don't say it was good either..It was a precious experience anyways :P

We really really enjoyed whole the days of the trip. As for me, one of the most enjoyable place was "Night Safari"!! I thought we might not be able to go, but they took us there! It was really enjoyable. I got so excited! The weather at night was so calm..especially when we were on the Tram after walking some while. It was so comfortable, but I didn't think we didn't need walking around there even though it was hot. Both were important for enjoying that place.

I think this writing is really terrible. This is so rambling writing. But I want to say, my sister and me really enjoyed this short trip, and were really happy we had such good friends XD Really thank for our friends and their family. I felt that I was gonna miss them so much at the airport (they even came to the airport to see us off with their parents!!) when I was leaving Singapore since we wouldn't meet next day. However, I really do want to meet them again, hopefully in Japan next time!!

Next time will be our turn to FEED YOU GUYS, Weili and Weisheng :P

Web album: A Trip to Singapore

2 comments:

Jeff said...

haha, yeah.. you were kinda rambling there :P

glad to hear you had fun! so how was the chicken rice? is it really just chicken and rice? it seems so simple.. oh, and the durian must've been an experience too, hehe.. I hear you're actually banned from eating it in some public places too because of the smell.. that and the spiky shape doesn't seem too friendly.. :P

Megumi said...

Yeah, we can't eat or drink at stations or on trains. But I saw a girl eating something on the train! I wonder if I'll be really in a trouble if I do such a thing :S