May 17, 2009

Envy People That Are Chasing Own Dreams


I met my friends from high school last night. We went to an izakaya restaurant, and I noticed that I saw a guy I knew there. He noticed me as well. It had been a long while since I met him for the last time.

I used to work with him at another izakaya restaurant in my uni days. He is older than me, but was going to school as well, because he kept failing the school year since he was concentrating on the job, and didn't study so much. He was doing his job well, and I respected him in that way, but didn't wanna be like him because I was a person that focus on my school work the most. So, his style was kind a thing that I didn't wanna mimic.

I got a chance to talk to him when my friend was away, and he told me he became independent and was left the business as the branch manager. He was saving up for his dream; making his own restaurant!! His face was brightening up. Even though he is a franchisee now, he is definitely getting close to his dream. I felt my life so boring. Being serious and living ordinary life is not exciting. It's hard to choose between being stable or chasing own dream. I feel I'm one of the person who can't go go through a exciting life with risks but just can live normal uninteresting life. And at the same time, I hate myself saying such a thing since it feels like I'm a person that just complains and never try doing anything.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

mm.. my sentiments too, wish I played a more active role in pursuing these things.. but have to figure our what I want first.. :P

at this rate, I'll be a ひきこもり for life, haha.. yeah, that's a bit sad, lol..

but if everyone took risks and threw caution to the wind, society would just stop working.. no one would want to do the tasks people get paid for now.. like.. who would dream of becoming a garbageman.. or nurse taking urine samples all day? :P

yeah.. dunno.. just think.. maybe for each person born like you and me, there's another person born that's just the opposite of us.. getting to take risks and chase dreams.. mm.. makes you wonder :)

Megumi said...

Mmmm, does that mean we were born to live stable lifes? :( I wonder if I can live through an enjoyable life until I die..