November 23, 2007

Graduation Photo Albums and Friends


Is it popular to make a graduation photo album in western countries? Here, normally every kindergarten, school, university makes it every year for students who graduate in the year. As I'm at the last year of my university, we are also making our photo albums now. Since summer, a photographer comes here sometimes and is taking our snapshots or group photographs. Since I don't know most of the students that will be on the album, feel that having it is good. It will be one of the chances to remember my past...while I was at this uni.

I rarely see my past graduation photo albums, but when I look at them, they remind me my school life there. Whenever I look at them, I remember my friends, teachers, and who I liked, lol. They should have been changing for the time. Sometimes, I get surprised how much my friends changed. They started making up, their taste of clothes changed...so, most of my girlfriends became prettier than before. But 'NOW' is our prettiest time I think. Early in 20's is when girls are prettiest in their life. We are getting older and older... Of course I don't wanna be older, however, it can't be helped. Keeping our looks younger is hard unless we are not people in show business or if our job isn't about beauty I think.

Anyway, we took some photos for the album yesterday with my circle members and juniors. And after that, I asked to take a snapshots with some of my friends. I don't have many close friends in the uni, however, of course some of them are closer than other students in my class.

One of them is my closest gf in the uni, and one is ex-bf, and one is a guy that I sometimes go drinking with another friend...and I have a few other friends in the uni, but they are not in this photo, lol. One of them was with me and listened to my talk when I was dying last year when I had a broken heart, and the other asked me to go to have a meal together since he was anxious about me since he thought that I may have got desperate at that time, lol. Of course I didn't. However, I was glad that he felt care about me. So...I like my friends.

I think, I don't need a boyfriend, but need friends. When I was in high school, I had a bf, and was going out almost only with him. Because, if I have a bf, he is easy to ask to go with somewhere if I have places that I want to go. However, after breaking up, I thought friends are more important. Boyfriends are good only while when we like each other. I don't think it will last for a long time. I liked my bf so much when I was going out with him and thought that I would get married with him some day. However, it ended. Feelings change. However if he says that he likes me now, however I think that I like him now...don't think that we both will keep feeling so. However, it doesn't mean that I don't care about my bf. Of course, I will go somewhere...or do something with him, but don't think to care him too special. It doesn't mean that he is not special for me. Of course he is special because he is my boyfriend, I mean that I don't give him preference without special reason.

For example, if I promise to go to Disney land with my friends, and if my bf asks me to go there after making the promise, I will reject him. For me, previous promise takes precedence. It may be normal, but I know there are people who usually take their bfs or gfs higher and I don't like that. People like that will sometimes break the promise with me for their bfs and gfs. I don't think all of them are bad, of course it depends on the situation because there are sometimes things that have to be taken precedence than anything.

As I think that friends can keep much longer than bfs and gfs, I don't wanna look at only my bf. Friends will bring me more valuable life than bf. I can imagine my life without bf easily but can't imagine without friends. Friends play an important part in my life. However, I don't think that I have many good friends. There are some closer friend than other friends, and a few closest friends, but they are enough. I'd rather want a few good friends with deep relationship than making lots of light friends. If I get a really good friend, we can keep going out forever and ever until we die! And that is one of the things that I think don't exist between me and my bf at that time :s You may think that I'm a gf who got lost her feelings, lol. However, I also think that I'm not so good at being someone's gf :P

5 comments:

Jeff said...

mm.. might not exactly be the same thing but we have yearbooks over here.. not sure how popular they still are these days but guess they'll always be tradition.. back in the days I was still in school (and no, I'm not that old yet..) the graduating students would form a yearbook committee that would organize everything.. from portraits to pictures of school festivals, trips, etc.. some might include letters from students and faculty, and anything else that was noteworthy or memorable for the graduating class.. and of course once the book was printed, everyone would be in a mad dash to get it signed by friends and teachers before the school year let out.. so yeah.. it's a nice little chunk of memories :)

Megumi said...

Hmmm...sometimes, we can get the album before graduation, however, sometimes it is sent for us after graduation. About this time, it is the latter. So, I can't get the chance to make my friends write something on my album. However, the album will include photos of our graduation ceremony :)

Anonymous said...

Oh talking about graduation and photo-taking sessions. Yes, i believe most schools do that when you are about to graduate, Graduating to me means you're going to leave the place and maybe you wont be back again so everything is going to be memories..=( good and bad times. We took graduation photos during our graduation time but we didnt really get people to sign on them. One friend of mine passed a little book around and told us to write something in it so he could keep it as memories, the time we spent together in school, thinking back, it was quite sad although i wasnt really close to that guy. =D Time really flies and years have passed..all of us have separated since graduation, the girls are working and the guys are serving their national servce. we do not contact each other much as we are all busy with our own stuff. Once in awhile, someone will orgaznize a meet-up session and i will try to go. Whenever we meet up, we will have alot of things to talk about..yah 恵 , what you said is true, friends are important and having a few good friends is enough for me as well. I only share my feelings/views with my 2 good friends who my brother is very close with too. One of them has a gf and yes he is the type of guy you describe in this entry. He puts his gf on top on his friends ( us ). My brother and i find it very annoying at times. Sometimes, myy brother even said, " if he is one of our group of friends, he will sure be scolded by us ! " haa..yah i think so too, everything is about his gf gf and gf ! they seem to be like paper and glue, always sticking together, i dont like that, having a gf/bf doesnt mean you have to be with each other at every moment every day..it bores me to do that, i prefer someone who is understanding and will give each other space to do whatever they like, of course if we share the same interest and we can do the same thing togehter, it would be GREAT ~ ! (^^,)V I hope to have a gf who i can look at as a very good/close friend of mine, it will sure be fun HAA ~ =( lets not talk about that first haa..i believe the day will come. kakaka ! Concerning about my friend who puts his gf above everything..i have talked to him amny times that he has to set his main priorities right and not always give in to his gf..he will say, okay okay i will do something about it, and in the end, it will still be the same -_-||| I have given up hope on him ~ haa i will try to put my myself into his shoes and think sometimes, it may be hard for him to do what we suggest sometimes. I hope i wouldnt end up like him when i have a gf =S
Even if he does that, we are still very close, whenever we meet up for a movie or something, we always have alot to talk about, mainly his problems though HAA !!
I always write very long comments for you, its like an essay =( ごめん。 i think i better stop here or i will fill up the whole page HAA, またね~

Megumi said...

Lol. You always write a long comment ne! I was surprised :P But doesn't it mean that you have a lot of things that you want to say about my view, and that's nice, lol. I'm sure that we can talk a lot when you come to Japan. Probably, while waiting attractions...? Hahaha. However, I have to carry my translator on me ne :s Sucks~! I wish I were much better at my English (>_<)

Anonymous said...

*pats 恵 shoulders*
心配しない =D
忙しい。。忙しい
ははは。。またね