October 22, 2011

Heading Back To Singapore

Next morning, we went to Melaka Sultanate Palace. I don't say the museum is huge, but was bigger than what we expect from the admission fee. There were lots exhibitions which show us the histories or cultures of Malacca with mannequins. My sister and I enjoyed it and headed back to Singapore to accomplish our purpose of this trip...remember? "Eating the food that our friends serve" :)

On the way to the international bus terminal, we noticed that it takes just 10 minutes or so to get to the place that we walked to if we took the bus last day...we had walked for an hour and my sister got mad about it because it was much longer than we expected. But I think it was something that couldn't be helped because we didn't know about the bus lines there. Actually the bus was going on a circular route and there was no opposite way. If we knew the route and the direction of the bus stops, we could move efficiently. However, I think local buses are too complicated for temporary tourists in most cases.

When the bus stopped for a break, we didn't forget to buy some sweets to fulfill our stomach again, lol. Eating local sweets is one of the fun things that you do while traveling, don't you agree? :P Anyway, taking some hours again, we came back to Singapore. As soon as we got to the GH, I texted my friend to let him know that we got there safely.

Next morning, I got a reply from him, saying that he may get his aunt to bring us to their stall, but I told him we would come by ourselves. I didn't think it would be hard to get there as I knew the address and we didn't really want to bother his aunt. He told us to come around 12pm, and told us about the plan. Yay, we are going to have dinner together again! You know how glad we were when we heard about it? Since we hadn't expected such a thing that time, it made us extremely happy.

No comments: