September 2, 2008

Thumb Seeking (Seal -1-)

"I have had very strong abilities to see ghosts since I was a kid, so I've encountered them a lot."
Takeshi got interested in the female performer's words in the screen talking innocently. He woke up slowly and sat crossing his legs on the bed.
"Really?" Asked the MC in a strained manner.
"Yes, the first time I saw it was when I was in third grade. I suddenly woke up at midnight. And then, I saw my dead grand father standing before me. I felt that he was saying something to me, but did't know what he was saying. Grandpa? I called him, and he disappared softly."
"Weren't you scared?" Asked the MC curiously. The performer shaked her head.
"It was definetely not scared. I was glad rather than it. I was a kid who really liked grandpa."
"But if I were you, I'd get scared, if a dead person were standing." The MC reacted exaggeratedly. The performer chuckled and said I see.
"I don't know why, but ghosts I encounter are't scary. Like when I was temporarily paralysed, an elf was running in front of my eyes. I didn't know what it meant." "I don't know either." Smiled the MC.
"And I had an out-of-body experience once."
"An OUT-OF-BODY EXPERIENCE?" Takeshi reacted sensitively and gazed at the TV much more.
"Master, what is an out-of-body experience?" The MC turned his face to the medium and asked.
The medium who puts a lot of rosaries moved her mouth.
"Simply, it's understandable to say that it is a thing that your soul goes out from you body. The soul can move freely. It is an out-of -body experience. Some people say that it is a dream, but I don't think so."
The MC gave affirmative nods.
"Did you really experience such a thing?" He turned his body to the performer again.
"Yeah, it's true. At that time, I woke up at midnight too. But surprisingly, I saw me sleeping. I got scared. I was floating in midair."
"And then?"
"I got happy about myself floating and went out of home and went various places. But I suddenly got scared, and a critical mind like I have to go back crossed my mind, and went back to my body."
After hearing that, the MC folded his arms with making a wry face. He nodded and said, "I can't imagine. I haven't experienced it even once. But I remember that we livened up with scary stories and rumors when we were little kids. We have made some scary sotries by ourselves too."
Rumors...
Takeshi turned off the TV reflecxively. It became silent again. After breathing out and standing up from the bed, he sat down in front of his study desk.
The desk was messy. A laptop. Comic books. Teaching materials of his university. Coins and convenience store's receipts. Sunglasses. Rubber bands. An eraser was there too. Regardless of how messy his desk was, one thing was actually kept organised. It has been 7 years since that happened.
Takeshi streched his hand to his collection of graduation compositions. He turned the pages.

'My Dream' 6-3 Sawa Takeshi
I want to become the best cook in the world. The reason why I think so is, when I was watching TV by chance, a cook was making a very nice food. He gave it to guests. They said it was yummy and their face looked very satisfied. When I saw it, I felt that I wanted to make a yummy food too. In the future, I wanna go abroad for training, start my own restaurant, make yummy foods, and want to become a cook that guests say yummy to my foods. So, therefore I want to start studying about foods a lot.

When he finished reading his composition, he was smiling. He doesn't think about such a thing these days. He can't even use a kitchen knife, and also isn't interested in it. He was thinking that he wanted to become a cook at that time by chance. He jeered at himself for writing that he wanted to become a cook as a child. Usually, things are like that. There are not so many people whose wishes were realized. We don't know about the future. He lives an ordinary life without thinking about his dream. No, it's wrong. When he thinks about something, things about Yumi always cross his mind. He is bound by the past. Takeshi always had a guilty conscience.

'Memories of My 6 Years and Me' 6-3 Tadokoro Yumi
I made various friends in these 6 years. Takeshi, Chie, Tomohiko, Nobuhisa; these are the four people whom I've became especially friendly with in my 6th grade class. We were also in the same group during our school trip. Five of us hung around after school a lot. They sometimes came to my house and played video game, card game, sometimes went to the park and played hide-and-seek, so they were really fun.
I had made bead accessories with Chie. We also made a ring that make things whatever we wish become true if it doesn't break until we become an adult. I want to value it.
And I want to become a school teacher. If I can, a teacher at an elementary school. I want to become a teacher like our cheerful class teacher Ms.Itagaki. So, I want to study a lot after entering junior highschool and make efforts to become a teacher.

Takeshi closed the composition gently. If we didn't do such a thing at that time, Yumi might have made an effort to become a teacher, or she might have aimed for other goals. Anyway, Yumi isn't here anymore. From that moment on, it was apparent that her dreams could not be fulfilled.
'Thumb seeking'
If we didn't do such a thing at that time.

No comments: