April 22, 2008

Circadian Rhythm


Every animal has its circadian rhythm and about humans, it is almost 24 hours. Since I started working, my circadian rhythm got front loading. It is because I have to get up at 5 in the morning, so I usually go to bed at 11 p.m. You may think that it is later than 11 o'clock already, but I'm staying up because tomorrow is my off day. :P

It's interesting that I haven't fell into a sleep while I was talking to my friend on phone before working; I stayed up until morning sometimes but lately, I fall into a sleep EVERY TIME without noticing. :S Maybe it means that I am getting so tired recently. :( Work is so tough.

When I went to Canada, I really didn't feel the jet lag (but it was maybe because I slept a lot on the flight), however, lately I can't stand staying up, always feel so so sleepy around 11 p.m. and fall into a sleep so quickly.

I think that sleeping in early time is good for skin, and good for next day. There is a proverb "早起きは三文の徳". It means that the person who gets up early profits something. "文(mon)" is one of old denominations. I searched the proverb in English, and in some websites, it is said, "the early bird catches the worm". Is it popular in Western countries? lol. I wonder if I can really get something if I get up early, however, guess that at least I can spend time usefully. :) So, maybe I should keep this habit when the next day is off too. :S

By the way, I can't say SQUIRREL correctly yet however I tried to fix my pronunciation a lot! I wonder if I'm able to say it in the future, lol.

No comments: