December 9, 2007

Sunday, December 9, 2007


Today, I went to see a movie with my friend. We didn't go to the cinema, but went to the civic hall because it was a past movie and was ran by a newspaper company. The movie's title was '東京タワー オカンとボクと、時々、オトン (Tokyo tower mom, me, and sometimes, dad)'. It was released in April 2007, but was broadcasted on TV in November 2006 as a special program and , was also on air this January until March on Mondays as a serial TV drama. Each program was made by different casts and stuffs. However, I haven't seen any. So, today was the first time that I saw it.

It's author is Lily Franky (I'm not sure how to write in alphabets) and the story is about his mom and himself since he was 3 until his mother dies of cancer. It is like the author's autobiographical novel and has lots of love for his mother. It lets us feel warm human relationships of Showa era which maybe everyone feels nostalgia if they are Japanese. Anyway, it was a emotional movie and my friend and I shed tears sometimes.

After seeing the movie, we ate lunch, and talked a lot. We talked for 6 hours! And had sweets too. Girls' talking doesn't end so easily, so I enjoyed talking to my friend very much. So, it was a nice Sunday because in recent Sundays I was staying home because of exams :s And on next weekend, a happy thing will happen :) The friend told me that she would make a small party to celebrate my getting job with her bf, lol. She is a really good friend, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

おはよう!早いね =D
I'm getting ready for work soon !
Yes a small party, its worth the celebration. HAaa, let me tell you a secret. I will cry if i watch a sad movie HAA ! Such a big man like me looks really funny when i cry watching a sad movie. I remember that i couldnt control my tears when i watched the movie, My teacher, Mr. Kim. It is a korean movie. It talks about love between human beings. I will give you a short summary on the movie. There was this guy living in the modern city. He is a teacher with a bad character, always treating people badly. Then, one day, he got posted to a poor village to teach poor kids. He was reluctant to be there so he didnt bother about anything or anyone and didnt really teach the kids well. Even though he was ill-treating the kids, they thought he was being very nice to them and liked this teacher very much. Finally one day, the teacher couldnt stand the place anymore and talked to the principal and asked for a transfer to leave the place. The principal agreed and told the kids about the sad news. Little did he know that all the kids liked him so much and wanted him to stay with them. So, the kids thought of every posiible way to make him stay. If i didnt remember wrongly, the teacher complained that the pay was too low. One of the kids overheard him. The little boy didnt go to school for a few days just to do part time to earn some money so he could give it to the teacher and try to make him stay. In the end, the teacher found out and went to his place to scold and beat him up, shouting 'why didnt u come to school for the past few days ! And why are u doing this job for !' The boy cried and said, " you said you want to leave this place because the pay is low, so i will work and give you the money, teacher..please stay and teach us. " Upon hearing that, the teacher stopped beating the boy and cried too. ( this is the part which made me cry. ) It tells you about love. Maybe you dont feel it because i'm writing this in words..you have to watch it yourself =( it is really very sad..My brother laughed at me when he saw me cry..ahhh...its really shameful to see a big man cry haa !
I dont know why..but my heart felt the ache and tears just started rolling down my cheeks =(
I think i am born with a KIND heart ! HAAA !
ばいばい! 葉。。。。何?HAA!

Megumi said...

Here, there is a proverb '百聞は一見に如かず'. It means that 100 times listening to a thing is less than looking at it by own. Yeah, maybe I have to see the drama, lol.
I didn't know that you can cry easily :P Probably, I have to find a good story to make you cry!!! Is your plan to Japan all right?