March 24, 2013

Time For The New Generation

I had been using my old watch for more than 3 years. Recently, I realized I can't keep fixing it again and again anymore. It's just surprising to notice that much time passed so quickly, and I say "Time flies". I don't know if the stories are really correct since my memories are getting vague after those years. However, what I can clearly say is it was my special...Something special and memorial. Even after long time, there are some scenes that haven't disappeared completely.

I still remember when you put it on my left hand when we were leaving your room.
I still remember when you said it looks good on me.
I still remember you said "Don't catch your skin" when I hadn't gotten used to wear it by myself.
I still remember that the time I started keeping it was when we went to fix your another watch.
I still remember I asked you if I can keep it until you tell me you need it back.

Probably you got some idea why my new one is almost exactly the same as the old one and I do not deny it's one of the reasons. However, it actually doesn't matter so much. From months ago, I've been searching for a new cool one but couldn't find what I like. Fortunately or unfortunately, it's still on top of my favorite watch designs. Actually, I was also under the impression that it is a pirate of a very expensive watch and I didn't feel I would find the same thing unless I buy the "Real" one and it is not affordable. So, I kind of gave up on finding a same one. But you know what, one day I found the almost exact thing online! It was such so shocking and unexpected. So you know how much excited I was!!

Anyway, the new one I purchased looks almost the same as the old one. However, it's definitely time for the new generation!! :D

Beside it, I have to reveal that the wrist band is still the old one. Searching for something cool, I realized the wrist belt is not original but from a very expensive watch, so it'll be really tough to find the same thing. So, I'd rather choose keep using the old one.

Anyway, it's time for the new generation. I'm sure I'll go through happy times and also tough times with my new partner and will see the future together :)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I think even with sentimentality, after awhile you still end up accumulating too many things. Or perhaps forgetting why you kept something to begin with.

But for me it's my pen. Been writing with the same pen for over 15 years now.. :)

And of course there's always music. That one song or two that comes with certain memories. A lot more convenient to store if you're worried about space, haha.

Megumi said...

Haha, I agree! :P