September 27, 2011

The Chicken Rice And A Mosque

The second day in Malacca, we went to a chicken rice restaurant that had a looooong line up the previous day. We didn't know that it was a chicken rice restaurant at that time, but the hostel master told us about it, so we got to know. The rice there was shaped balls and we thought that it was very unique. We had never seen it in our few experiences of eating chicken rice, in Singapore lol. They also season the rice and it was actually yummy. We LOVED it!! I highly recommend you to visit the restaurant; KEDAI KOPI CHUNG WAH, if you get a chance to go to Malacca. Even you don't remember the name, I'm sure you won't miss as long as you remember that there is a yummy chicken rice restaurant because everyone knows about the restaurant ;)

After chicken rice, we walked around the area. We found a mosque, and there, a guy from Turkey made a tour for me (my sister was waiting outside). I was worried first when he told me that they wanted to show me the mosque because I thought they were gonna charge me. However, I didn't have to worry about that. There were many Muslims coming from abroad for training, and making a tour to let people know their history and religious view. I'm personally totally not interested in following any religious seriously, however, it's interesting to know about religions as knowledge. After one hour tour (it took much more than I expected!), we headed to the Portuguese Square...and of course we didn't forget to grab some sweets before it :P

No comments: