September 24, 2009

A Day To Relax


Today was a fine autumn day. Since I came back from my work in the morning, I went to Inogashira park after taking a bath. It was very comfortable just sitting there and relaxing. There were more people than I expected, maybe it's because students are still during their summer vacation. I saw a lot of couples on boats in the pond. I envied...no, I didn't envy since there is a story about the pond. The god of the pond, Benten-sama is a female god. Since she gets jealous of couples, couples that ride on a boat in the pond will break up. I don't believe it very seriously, but I've broken up with my bf that I rode on a boat with in the pond...so, it's better to avoid such a possibility even though it might be so tiny, lol.

I had been sitting there for a few hours, until it got dark. When the sunshine started getting weaker, two guys started singing with their guitar on a bench that was not so far from me. Their song reminded me about 19; the artist group I liked a lot some years ago. It was kind a calm moment. Anyway, I feel like I washed my unsightly mind away that has been keeping bothering me for a few days. Maybe I'll get it again, but it's better to clean up sometimes, or else, it'll be filled :( So, it was nice. The only thing to regret is, I should have brought something sweet. Chocolate, candies, coffee from Starbucks...anything would have been alright. It was much greater if I had something there!

2 comments:

オローラ said...

Thanks for telling us the story of Benten Sama. Oh, gosh, I was so lucky for not having hired a boat last time....I will never do it.

Hmm, Inogashira Park is a lot more conveniently located than Mt Takao.

Just immediate before the park entrance from Kichijouji you can have good coffee and gelato from a cats cafe. Inside Inogashira Park there is a little Thai Restaurant which serves coffee and exotic tropical drinks.

Megumi said...

You know there really well!! Better than me! lol. I didn't know that there is a Thai restaurant in the park...maybe I should try next time :D