November 16, 2008

Candies For Throat


I caught a cold recently. When I woke up, I noticed that my throat hurt and my voice sounded strange. I felt like my throat itself was dry in some part, and it was hard to keep breathing for a long while without swallowing my saliva. In such a case, what helps me is のど飴. Most kinds of them have some menthol in it, and eating the candies let our throat keep moisture. So I don't feel uncomfortable while working because I kept eating the candy :P

The two sticks of candies in the picture are my most favorite ones. VC-3000のど飴 is a lemon flavor and the other one 梅のど飴 is ume flavor. I love ume flavor very much. I like drinking ume juice~, eating picked umes, and ume jellies too :) They are so yummy. Ah, you might know, ume onigiris (the rice ball that has a picked ume inside) are so yummy, and you can get them in convenience stores so easily. I heard that it is said, eating a picked ume in the morning is good for the health since it is said that it has 6 good effects.

1. A picked ume helps you with recovering from tiredness.
2. A picked ume prevents you from getting arteriosclerosis.
3. A picked ume removes activated oxygen from your body.
4. A picked ume relieves your constipation.
5. A picked ume removes your hangover.
6. A picked ume prevents you from getting food poisoning.

Thus, a picked ume's so useful. I know that an ume candy doesn't have such effects...but still love it when I get a cold and feel uncomfortable about my throat :P

No comments: