February 23, 2009

Wandering at Night


Walking around at night is something fresh. The view changes into another face; the quiet street, dark forests..even the park you know well looks something mysterious and makes you feel like a stranger. I like a silent park at night. It feels strange if I sit on a bench and listen carefully. The wind blowing, leaves rustling, humans living noises from somewhere...while sitting there, I notice that temperature is cold with the air touching my cheeks. It feels like my sensitivities are sharpened.

I've heard that the 80% of information from outside comes from eyes. It means, we get most of the information through looking at something. And I also heard if we lose something of our sense organs, other ones get more sensitive. Maybe that's why. The weak light showing me the things in the park with deep shadows doesn't give me information enough. So I'm like a blind and my other antennas pay attention to get as much information as they can. I like the small tense atmosphere like this. It doesn't feel like the atmosphere that I feel at work, or when I'm doing something. It is something special for me.

Anyway, I like walking around at night. And I like staying somewhere during the stroll. Sitting somewhere, listening carefully to small noises that I don't pay attention normally, looking at mysterious light and shadow...It makes me feel special sometimes and helps me to cheer up myself.

3 comments:

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

"I like a silent park at night" <- I'd probably get freaked out! XD~

Megumi said...

Have to scare you in such places :P

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

I have to find a good spot to hide then!