February 21, 2009

A Small Happiness


I want to live a life that I can feel a small happiness in the future; for example, I don't need to go movie once in a week, but want a big TV (It doesn't have to be too big), get some rental videos sometimes and watch them with my friends or who I like. Sometimes want to buy small yummy sweets and eat them with tea or coffee. I think my life will get a little bit happier if I can make good tea and coffee at home. I think food is important. If I can eat good and healthy foods a lot, my life will be much better. It doesn't mean I'm not eating good food now, but I want to eat some impressing food sometimes. Going eat outside is good too since I can taste something that I can't eat at home.

I want to go shopping sometimes. Want to see clothes, accessories etc. I don't care about other people's eyes. I don't choose clothes to be popular by guys; fashion is my self satisfaction, so I just wanna wear what I like.

I want to go somewhere sometimes. It doesn't have to be a big trip (of course I'm so happy if I can travel a lot). Going to some small mountains, rivers, and lakes is good enough. Feeling nature, smelling natural air feels good.

In total, maybe I just want some good spice and a few good companions in my life. At the same time, I don't wanna be a person that can't be impressed by every little thing. Hopefully, I can be happy with small things and spend time without getting too stressed and unhealthy life. I don't wish to be young like now permanently, but want to be pretty as my age. Not just outside but inside too. If I can always feel a small happiness, maybe that will be the ideal future that I picture now.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

mm.. I think I'll feel the same way as I get older.. less and lower expectations and just take pleasure in the little joys of life.. but not while I still have my youth.. don't want to regret not having done something I can only do now.. or tried rather.. then again.. also end up worrying my time is wasted trying for something I can never accomplish, haha.. so confusing..

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Happiness comes in many different shapes and forms. When we're in our prime we really don't take note of all the little things that make us happy. I guess when you get older older life starts to get less dynamic in ways. Namely, eat, work, sleep -- in a cyclic fashion for the most part. Moreover, I suppose that we can safely say that we take things for granted at a younger age. I guess my motto has always been "enjoy life while you're still young". At times I feel that it's the little things in life that make me happier. It doesn't necessarily need to be rich in class, but rather tranquil in nature. For instance, when we went to Roppongi Hills for dinner, it wasn't the 'high class' atmosphere which gave me pleasure, but the opportunity to sit down and have a meaningful conversation made it worthwhile. Had I been a few years younger, you would definitely hear me say the opposite. At any rate, I also find myself wanting to try new things, travel, acquire some culinary skills, and to a certain extent keep up with all the technological gadgets out there. It would be nice to play バイオハザード on a big screen HD TV, wouldn't it?

Megumi said...

>Jeff
Yeah, I wonder if it's better to find something that I really want to do while I'm young...Or I might regret about it when I get old.

>Jensen
It's a long comment...hard to read. Yeah, you should try playing BIOHAZARD on a big screen. It will be SO nice :P