July 13, 2008

Crows


I know that people don't like crows, at least here in Japan. But I like them. Especially what is called ハシブトガラス (Corvus macrorhynchos) in Japan. Crows are hated by people because they look scary, break garbage bags and mess up. But I like them because I they look cute. Especially their eyes. I know that I'm different from general people, but they really look cute for me. I like their size too. Bigger than other birds we can see generally. Here, I have some stories of crows.

  • A crow put a walnut on the road to make cars run over it and broke the nut and ate it. What's interesting is, it put the nut where the cars tires came after the traffic signal turned to be blue.
  • Crows in a precinct buy their food by themselves. You know that Japanese temples or shrines have offertory boxes in front of the structures. The shrine has a vending machine of pigeons' food close to the structure too for people that feed pigeons. Crows living there steal money from the box and buy the food by themselves.
So they are very clever. They are much more clever than normal monkeys. And that's why I like them. I heard that they remember people's faces and never forget people who attached their nests. Actually, my mom told me that her dad brought a baby crow -whose eyes were not opened yet- from a mountain, and fed it. It grew up and when he called its name, it flew down from the sky and perched on his shoulder. It sounds really nice for me. I really want to experience it! Since they are such cleaver birds. If they become tame with humans, it would be so nice to play with. I dream that one day I'm putting a big glossy black crow on my arm and patting it :P But I know, it would be just my dream.

4 comments:

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Yeah... it's pretty much the same here. People tend to dislike crows around here. They find them *creepy*; crows give them the goosebumps. However, I never knew crows were that clever! Fun~ Anyways, I'm a bit surprised that you like crows. Most girls think that they cause bad luck and get freaked out by them; uh yeah, they're superstitious. XDD~ Patting crows eh O_o? Uh oh. I definitely don't see myself doing that. :P

Megumi said...

I wanna keep rats and crows one day. So, I can't invite you into my house ne? Lol.

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Haha. Make sure you keep them in a cage, ne? :P

Megumi said...

I'd rather choose keeping it inside my room than inviting you to my room! :P