May 25, 2008

I Love Museums!


I love museums!! Especially museums that we can touch their exhibitions directly. And about such museums, I know one here in Tokyo. It's name is Fukagawa Edo museum and I went there today. It was the second time of my visiting. I have been there several years ago when I was a junior high school student. I remembered that there was really interesting place to visit, and wanted to go there again. So, fortunately, I got the chance to go there again! The museum has an Edo period display of reconstructed Fukagawa Saga-cho people houses. I really love those historical displays. I know a few amusement parks that they have something like Showa period display as well, and love them too. One of them is Namco Namjatown in Ikebukuro, and the other is Raumen museum in Yokohama (it's name is 'museum', but it is an amusement park).

What do I like about the museum I went today is we can touch almost all the things that they are displaying. We can see what they were using at that time, how the room was, what they were eating...etc. So, we can know how people were living in the era through walking around there, going into the houses and see stuffs. And what is amazing is, things there are really payed careful attentions to details, (the measurement of everything is exact) and they even has a robot cat on roof of a house (it is very typical thing in Japanese old days)! Moreover, they have a huge screen at the in the exhibition hall and change times and weather by using sounds and lights! Don't you get interested in the museum? The museum reminds us some emotional things about old good Japanese days. But I'm sure that such a historical place about Japanese culture is interesting for foreigners. How do you think?

No comments: