December 11, 2012

I Wonder If They Know The Words "Time Is Money"

When we finally got to contact those people who must have been waiting for us, it was already pretty late. As soon as the immigration things were done, I asked an officer if there is a public phone. Actually, I tried calling them using my cell while waiting in the line, but for some reason, it didn't work. He told us they are around the exit 4 then we went out from the exit, but couldn't find them. So, we asked the two guards outside again.

One of them didn't speak English at all so he didn't understand what I said. So I spoke to the other one, and he told us they are inside of the building. Then, were about to come back inside...and were stopped by them.

Why? Because, they had to check our passport and tickets and it took sometime. You know how stupid I felt? And I guess you can also imagine how frustrated we were in the circumstances. I definitely got such an impression that Indian people (probably) don't have sense of feeling sorry for wasting someones time more than needed. Otherwise, they wouldn't have made us fill the form again for nothing nor checked the passports and tickets of innocent tourist girls who came out of the building just now carrying large backpacks and want to return to make a quick call (I'm sure I'll mention about this kind of things again in later posts!) I really wanted to kick their ass but of course didn't (couldn't) because I'm such a polite Japanese girl who doesn't want to cause problems, and actually, they were holding guns.

So, after a while, we finally went inside again and made a call to two people. One to the person who were hosting us that day, and next, the person who must have been at the airport to pick us up. I really felt sorry for those people for the late contact (But, what could we do? :S).

Thus, we finally (I want to say, it was really, finally) got to contact people and met up a friend who was waiting for us at the airport for a few hours!

No comments: