August 17, 2011

My Little Pleasure


When we got to the bus terminal, it rained in torrents all of a sudden. Feeling the hot humid air under the eaves, I had a kind of excitement inside; This is what South East Asia is that I've been missing for a year. Since we were very hungry, and also didn't want to move in the hard rain, we decided to eat lunch first...actually, it was a good time for having lunch. We walked through the building and checked stalls. Whenever I go to such a place, it's hard to choose which place to eat at, but finally, we chose a stall that a young guy said hi to us in Japanese.

The food there was good...best one actually in the days we stayed in Malacca. We ordered fresh juice as well (it's a little pleasure to have it because I never buy it in Japan since it's expensive). We were very glad while having lunch, and when we finished, the rain was already gone so we went to the domestic bus terminal to go downtown of Malacca.

Local buses...what a yummy sound it is, lol. It's my favorite transportation. Usually, there are not so many foreigners on the bus, I see something that I never see in Japan...For example, in Vietnam, I've seen a bucket of tea on a front seat in a bus which passengers can drink. I also the driver handed a passenger newspapers. So like that, I can take a slightly look of what local people's life is which is interesting sometimes. That's why I love it even it's hard to communicate with the driver or a ticket keeper on the bus. Actually we had to show the driver a picture of where we wanted to go, to make sure the bus goes there. Simply, we can make it somehow if we try even we don't have a common language, so don't be afraid :P

No comments: