March 10, 2008

Which Do You Like Better, Sightseeing or Resorts?


I prefer Sightseeing much more than going to resorts, since I think that sea resorts don't have much differences wherever I go. It may be wrong, but I think spots for sightseeing have much more difference and their own colours.

Lately, I went to Thailand with my friends as our graduation trip. Some friends around us chose resorts like Guam, but we chose the country. We visited Bangkok and Ayutaya there. The cultural assets were really cool. I liked them. :) We saw there statues of Buddha a lot. In Japan, we have a lot of them that are sitting, however, in Thailand, there are a lot of them that are lying down. I didn't notice it until my friend told me about it, and thought it was interesting.

What I surprised about Bangkok is that sometimes traffic signals didn't work. The tour guide told us that in some area, traffic signals work only in the morning time, and at night, it is impossible to believe it because I live in Japan, however, I surely saw that the traffic signals that didn't work, lol. And the public streets in Thailand are bad. They are bumpy roads however they are big. I sometimes felt like I was hopping on the car's seat. And I saw people who ignore traffic signals! They went their own way because if they hesitate, they can't go across the roads! Cars never stop for walkers when they are on side of roads and wait for car stopping. So, we had to find the timing to go across roads. It was a little bit scary since we didn't get used to it. We appreciated local people a bit, lol.

Anyway, it was interesting to visit Thailand. I want to go there again if I get a chance, and I wanna go some other places for sightseeing too. Hope that I will get a chance in the future. :D

Web album: A Trip to Thailand

5 comments:

Jensen E (侍奄閃) said...

Traffic signals don't work at night, eh?! *abunai* *abunai* You must've saw a lot of car accidents ne? I can't imagine driving there, that's for sure. Sightseeing or Resorts? Hmm, can't decide... *_* I mean, you can still go sightseeing at resorts. :P~ But, yeah, i prefer sightseeing myself. Hope you had lots of fun in Thailand. ^_^

Jeff said...

it depends on the person really.. though the trend here is younger folks preferring resorts, then wanting to travel the world and sightsee as they get older..

cause you know.. the heavy boozing, partying, and all nighters don't really work too well when your body's pulling 30 plus.. :P

think everyone reaches a point eventually where the whole social scene kinda plateaus, the parties get old and you just get tired of waking up hungover the next morning..

and that's when you travel the world to sightsee.. least that's how I think it is.. :)

Megumi said...

>侍奄閃
Un. It is abunai. I wonder if there aren't many accidents (-_-;)

>Jeff
Naruhodo. Yeah, tastes change during the life. But you also want to come to Japane for sightseeing this time, no? lol.

Jeff said...

yeah, think I kinda skipped over that phase of my life.. or maybe I'm a lot older than I think @_@

Megumi said...

>Jeff
まだまだ若いですよwww